Message to the Community
Hidalgo County Community Service Agency is taking action to promote the safety and welfare of its clients in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, also known as COVID-19. Although there are no known cases of COVID-19 in Hidalgo County as of March 16, 2020, we are taking proactive steps to reduce the possible spread of the virus while maintaining our normal schedule of services.
In consensus with the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Hidalgo County Health Department, we are adhering by these precautionary measures:
- In order to prevent the spread of viruses, employees are encouraged to wash their hands throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout our lobby for client use.
- We are discouraging greeting with a handshake or hug for the safety of our clients and employees.
- Employees who are feeling ill or showing symptoms of the coronavirus have been instructed to stay home.
- Our client service application is available on our website https://hidalgocsa.org/ and can be mailed to:
Hidalgo County Community Service Agency
2524 N. Closner Blvd.
Edinburg, TX 78541
- Communication with our clients will remain active through our website, email, our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and by phone.
- We encourage any clients who may be feeling ill to apply for services using our online tools or contact us through the above listed communication channels.
Our top priority has and always will be the health and well-being of our clients and our employees. We urge the public to take the highest precaution in order to protect themselves and others during this vulnerable time.